If you've found that after plugging in and turning on your new Huawei router, you still aren't online, it may be necessary to change some settings in your router.
In order to do this, first start by ensuring that your computer is connected via either wireless or ethernet cable.
(If you need to know the wireless details, they are printed on the rear of the Huawei router)
- Make sure that your computer is connected to your router with an Ethernet cable.
- Open your preferred web browser - for example, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox.
- Enter the following number into the address bar and then hit Enter on your keyboard:
- 192.168.1.1 (this number is called an IP Address).
- The modem's Log In page will open and you will be asked for a username and password.
Please enter the following
- Click Log in to log into the router.
- The router will log in and display a welcome page.
Select Internet from the top row
On this screen you will see an item labelled TR069_VDSL
Select this item to see it's settings, as below, and then click EDIT
Here you will need to configure the router as shown in the image below, paying close attention to the items highlighted in red.
NOTE: Please ensure the username matches that which was sent to you in your activation email.
Once you are complete, click Save.
That's it! Once these settings are applied you should be up and running.
If you are still unable to get online, give us a call on 1300 881 917, we are happy to help.