So, you've been hooked up to FuzeNet Broadband, welcome!
In this guide we will cover how to;
- Connect the required cables
- Connect your devices to your new router
Unpack your FuzeNet provided router, as pictured below.
In a Hybrid Fibre Coaxial (HFC) configuration, you need to connect up your router as outlined below.
- Take the yellow ethernet cable, found in the box with your router, and connect it to the blue WAN port located on the rear of the Huawei router (as picture above right)
- Connect the other end of the ethernet cable to the yellow UniD1 (Ethernet) port located on the back of the Optical Network Unit (ONU) as pictured below.
- Connect the power adaptor to the Power connector on the back of the router
- Connect the power adaptor to an available power point in your property
Once you have done this, you will need to allow 15-20 minutes for your router to configure itself before you will be able to access the internet.
In the meantime lets get your devices connected to the router, so they are ready to go!
Firstly, start by noting down the wireless network name and passphrase located on the back of the router, as picture below.
On your computer, you will need to scan for the wireless network being generated by your router.
This process varies depending on the operating system of your device (Windows, MacOS, IOS, Android) but should be relatively simple.